Thursday, October 14, 2010

A little business everywhere...

Two days ago in our business class with Mr. Sen, we talked about business organizations and non business organizations. We discussed how everything in life resembled these organizations in ways like their functions ( to provide customers with their need and wants is the purpose of business organizations when  a mother works to provide her child with food and toys ), their labour division ( a mom managing the money in a family while the father works ) and so on.
Today in our Environmental Systems, science class, we were talking about the terms NPP and GPP that are related to the net productivity and the general productivity of a producer in a certain food chain. ( these terms can be easily comprehended when a plant and the amount of it's photosynthesis is examined ). At first I couldn't understand the relationship between these two terms so my teacher explained it once more and wrote down the formula: GPP = NPP + rate   
When I still couldn't get it he asked me if I took Business. I replied yes. Then he said : GPP is the price you sell your product for. Rate is the value added and when you subtract rate from GPP you get the costs of your inputs. Now understand? I replied once more: YES

No comments:

Post a Comment